Housing Authority

The Glaslyn Housing Authority, on behalf of Saskatchewan Housing Corporation, offers the Social
Housing Program for seniors and families. The program is designed to ensure that safe, adequate housing
is available to those who could not otherwise afford it. Our tenants benefit from a safe place to call home,
a community they can enjoy and peace of mind.

Applicants may be considered for social housing if they are:

Senior Housing (12 units)

  •  Individuals or couples, 55 years of age or older
  •  Individuals near the age of 55 with a permanent physical or cognitive disability

Family Housing (5 units)

  • Households with children or adult dependents

All other applicants may be considered for housing on a case-by-case basis. (some conditions apply).

Applicants must meet income and asset limit requirements to be eligible for the Social Housing
Program. All applicants are required to complete an application form and provide verification of income
and assets, as requested. Information provided by applicants is kept strictly confidential.

All persons interested in accessing the Social Housing Program in Glaslyn should contact:
Carol Werstroh, Manager, Glaslyn Housing Authority.  Phone: 306-342-4329

Applications are reviewed for eligibility and approved by Regional Housing Operations. Once approved,
units are allocated upon availability on a priority based, point score system. The point score system
considers adequacy, suitability and affordability when determining the priority of need.


  • Rent is based on income – 30% of gross household income, collected via pre-authorized payment.
  • Units are smoke free – No smoking in the units by tenants or guests
  • Glaslyn Housing Authority has a ‘No Pets’ policy that applies to tenants and guests.
  • Senior Housing tenants are responsible for obtaining and paying for their own power. Heat,
    water/sewer and grounds keeping are included in the rent. Garbage/Recycling charges may apply.
  • Family Housing tenants are responsible for obtaining and paying for all utilities. A heating
    allowance may be provided to the tenant to subsidize a portion of the heating costs for the unit.
    Tenant is responsible for grounds keeping. (i.e. lawn mowing, weeding, snow removal, etc.)

Any questions related to the Glaslyn Housing Authority should first be directed to the manager. If unable
to contact the manager, please contact Regional Housing Operations at 1-800-814-8688.

Printable PDF